Thank you for visiting and for your support in making every mother feel loved!
Each year, HAVEN HANDS Inc, works with groups all over the country to make Mothers Day a little more special for every mother. One of our biggest efforts is our gift basket program where we bring baskets filled with all the necessities a mother needs, to areas such as local women’s shelters. The women served are victims of violence, including human trafficking, or they are homeless and alone. They very often have nothing, so the baskets provide some basic necessities and a bit of dignity and hope.
We are looking for donations of completed baskets from local groups, organizations, and families, as well as items to create baskets. We are asking each group to pledge to make as few as 10 or as many as 50, but any amount is appreciated!
We do ask that you use only new items, and please use shrink wrap or other form of wrapping to keep contents together during transportation. Lastly, it would be helpful to include a tag that identifies contents, especially if you are including sized items. All baskets should include soap, shampoo, conditioner, and a loofah or washcloth. In addition to those items, you may include any (or all) of the following, and feel free to add any appropriate item not listed.
- Toiletries (hotel samples, soap, shampoo, toothbrush/paste, shower caps, etc)
- Flip flops or slippers
- Night Shirt, pajamas, socks, under garments
- Feminine hygiene products, wrapped or enclosed
- Make up or perfume, or samples
- Paperback book (decent content, no abusive content; may be gently used) or puzzle book
- Journal, calendar, pens, stationary, small gift
- Hair ties, comb, brush, accessories
- Candy, snacks with long shelf life (no fresh fruit)
- Anything inspirational and/or appropriate
- A personal note of encouragement
- A tag on the outside listing what is inside
Please do not include candles, alcohol, things that might spoil, gift cards or anything too valuable, or your personal information. We appreciate any and all donations! If you would prefer to make a cash donation, please find a link further down this page.
To find out more about donating baskets, please visit THIS link